September 17, 2017
Better late than never!
nplayers.ini and Multiplayer.ini multiplayer description files are available for MAME 0.189.
Get them here: http://nplayers.arcadebelgium.be/
Progetto-SNAPS 0.189 Update
Ready the MAME 0.189 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
It's available this folder on Mega.co.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
• This month, due to major family commitments and the many hours spent fixing and completing messinfo.dat, I only updated snapshots, artwork and manuals.
• This month I add a new category called: "Warnings" (or "Notice"). They are snaps generated by MAME, the messages that some games show right after launch, to inform that the machine is distributable only in a certain commercial area. Now the snap categories are 12!
• Finally resolved the "alchemst.png" title's snap problem in the "wscolor" list: the file had a problem in the name and was badly placed in dat. Now the problem is definitely fixed.
• The next update is scheduled for Sunday, October 15, 2017.
1.170 snaps and 48 pdf and zip downloadable here:
Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks
Manuals (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Manuals
Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots
Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps
Artwork Preview: 1 del & 11 new (tot. 2,700 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.62Mb
Bosses: 5 new (tot. 1,355 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 258Kb
Ends: 25 new (tot. 650 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 286Kb
GameOver: 50 new & 5 upd (tot. 7,000 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 967Kb
HowTo: 15 new & 1 upd (tot. 1,590 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 423Kb
Logo: 100 new & 7 upd (tot. 2,100 UPDATE 1 pack, 532Kb
Scores: 25 new & 10 upd (tot. 6,825 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 859Kb
Select: 35 new & 4 upd (tot. 4,160 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 1.21Mb
Snap (MAME): 2 del, 104 new & 94 upd (tot. 38,291 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.90Mb
Snap (Software): 38 new (tot. 29,612 png)
Titles (MAME): 2 del, 104 new & 32 upd (tot. 38,291 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 4.53Mb
Titles (Software): 1 upd (tot. 17,351 png)
Versus: 5 new (tot. 1,095 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 222Kb
Warning: 500 new (tot. 500 NEW! 1 pack, 2.74Mb
Other resources update:
Artworks (Alternate) : 1 new (tot. 41 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 6.39Mb
... (Read More)
September 15, 2017
DU: Rare Naomi Pickup
Ordyne dumped a dev/proto/early version of Shoot Out Pool Prize Ver B.
September 14, 2017
New Hiscore.dat For MAME 0.189
Yep the hiscore.dat has been updated again.
Check it out Here :-
September 13, 2017
DU: Watch Ye Damn Language While You're On The Moon We Don't Take Kindly
Andrew Welburn got the original/intended foreign language rom for Atari Lunar Lander compiled from the original Atari source code. It passes the test mode self-test report.
September 12, 2017
AJR WIP (Courtesy Of Haze): DECO Cassette Progress During The MAME 0.189 Release Cycle
Haze has a nice writeup of AJR's progress in getting more accurate colors out of DECO Cassette emulation during the MAME 0.189 release cycle:
This is old news by now, MAME users using the MAME 0.189 release are already benefiting from this development, but certainly could have been highlighted.
September 10, 2017
DU: Slap Fight
Corrado Tomaselli dumped the MCU from a Slap Fight Japan GX-006 pcb version. caius got a Kick Off bootleg by Comodo. Hammy dumped a bootleg of Knights of the Round. He also dumped Cabal (Electrocoin joystick set) but I think all the roms match other dumped sets.
September 09, 2017
Atari Cyberbowl 2072 Tournament Live On Twitch
Watch my buddy and provider Mike kick ass why I loose horribly
Tournament Live now in Vegas on Twitch today doubles Sunday.
Check out Ultimate Cyberball Smackdown 2017 Tournament live from Flipperspiel Underground Club 2v2
September 08, 2017
PfeMAME Bug Warning
Hi to all users of the pfeMAME frontend. I have noticed that the latest catver.ini (version 0.189) will break the parser in my front end. All my fault - didn't consider that the file would ever have non value lines.
To get around the bug for now, either don't update to the latest catver.ini, or open the file and delete the first three lines so that the first line is;
;; CATVER.ini 0.189 / 3-sep-17 / MAME 0.189 ;;
I will be releasing a bug fix (along with a major update) as soon as I have finished moving apartments.
September 06, 2017
Missed News From August 25: Duke WIP
Missed news from August 25:
Duke's been working hard on emulating another computer rarity. This time it's the Kontron PSI Ψ 98, an industrial control / laboratory micro computer from the early 80's. Here's his writeup about it:
News We Missed Back On August 15: Bryan McPhail WIP
One we missed mentioning back on August 15: Bryan McPhail, a MAME developer, identified a different ROM set of Capcom's "1943" and added support for it in MAME during the MAME 0.189 development cycle. Based on his analysis, it appears to be the original Japanese ROM set, and the set that had been supported by MAME a bootleg. More on this detail and analysis here:
Added in: https://github.com/mamedev/mame/commit/1...f00586d8c3aa8e0
DU: Iron Iron Horses Couldn't Me Eprom Programmer Away
coolmod dumped Rev. K (US version?) of Iron Horse.
Flyer Fever Update
280 ZZZAP - Midway Mfg. (1976) [AKA Midnite Racer; German]
Galax - Yun Hap Electronics (1979)
Galaxian - Irem (1979) [Play Table Series; Licensed by Namco; Japanese]
Gun Fight - Midway Mfg. (1975) [AKA Western Gun; German]
The Money Game - Amalgamated Enterprises (1975)
Ozma Wars - SNK (1979) [Japanese]
Table Attacker - Nichibutsu (1978) [Japanese]
Table Break 4 - Jatre (1978) [Japanese]
Table Hustler - Jatre (1978) [Japanese]
Twin Course T.T. - Sega (1977) [Japanese]
More Gaelco Preservation News @ Haze's
September 05, 2017
Update for 0.189 version, this is the web page for download: progetto-SNAPS MESSINFO.DAT.
Clean version with no additional files, can be found here: progetto-SNAPS Naked MESSINFO.DAT.
For MAME users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\history".
This is in how information is displayed with MAME:
For MAMEUI/MESSUI users: put the file "messinfo.dat" in a folder called "\dats".
This is how information is displayed with MESSUI:
* 10.38 06/09/2017: Fixed some new "DRIVER STATUS".
* 10.37 05/09/2017: Aligned files to 0.189 version.
* 10.36 20/08/2017: Added versions were are added the device (now up to the 0.160 version) and many error fixed.
* 10.35 15/08/2017: Correction continues in file formatting and even removal of ROMs of each machine (now visible by MAME itself).
September 04, 2017
New MAME 0.189 Working Games Video
Here's the video, enjoy this new version:
September 03, 2017
CLRMAMEpro 4.033 Released
started 20 years ago :-)
BestGames.ini, Languages.ini And Series.ini 0.189
• Online the BESTGAMES.ini file, available here: pS BestGames.ini Page.
* 2017/09/03 1.2: Online the version 0.189; 1 game added (thoop2).
• Online the updated version of LANGUAGES.ini, available here: pS Languages.ini Page.
* 2017/09/03 0.77: Added 0.189 sets.
• New version of SERIES.ini (only with arcade sets) available here: pS Series.ini Page.
* Items RENAMED (13): (1943ja) to (1943jah), (brapboysj) to (brapboyspj), (brapboysu) to (brapboyspu), (cawingu) to (cawingur1), (inttootea) to (inttoote2), (podrace) to (swracer), (shocktro) to (shocktroa), (shocktroa) to (shocktro), (vendetta2p) to (vendetta2pw), (vendettaj) to (vendetta2pp), (vf4evo) to (vf4evob), (wwfsstaru) to (wwfsstaru7) and (wwfsstarua) to (wwfsstaru4).
* Series UPDATED (15): 194X, Chase H.Q., Crazy Climber, Crime Fighters, Derby Owners Club, DJ Boy, DonPachi, Donkey Kong, Popeye, Print Club, Street Fighter, Tekken, U.N. Squadron, Virtua Fighter and WWF Superstars.
* Series ADDED (1): Sexy Gal.
IV/Play 1.8.2. Released
Minor maintenance release to support new feature element from .189's XML output.
September 02, 2017
DU: The Gaelco Preservation Train Keeps Chugging Along
Peter Wilhelmsen got Gaelco Football
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!