March 29, 2017
MAMEUI64 .184 & Snaps/Icons Released
.exe appreciation to Robbbert
HBMAME 0.184 is available at http://hbmame.1emulation.com/
What's new in HBMAME
- Cleaned out unused code from Neogeo driver
- Renamed many roms to avoid name conflicts, not yet completed.
New Working Games
- [jojobbh2] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Boss v2.0 hack by Pipi899 2009-08-08)
- [jojobbss] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Boss hack by Pipi899 2009-07-15)
- [jojobpow] JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Power hack by Pipi899 2009-07-15)
- [jojonbss] JoJo's Venture (Boss hack by Pipi899 2009-07-09)
- [jojonpow] JoJo's Venture (Power hack by Pipi899 2009-07-11)
- [kof2k3bl2] Kof2003 (Bootleg Boss hack)
- [kof2k3bs1] Kof2003 (Boss, PS2 version, EGCG/FCHT Hack Set 1)
- [kof2k3bs2] Kof2003 (Boss, PS2 version, EGCG/FCHT Hack Set 2)
- [kof2k3bs3] Kof2003 (Boss, PS2 version, EGCG/FCHT Hack Set 3)
- [kof2k3nd] Kof2003 (Fully decrypted)
- [kof2k3nrx] Kof2003 (Neoragex)
- [kof2k3pch] Kof2003 (Boss hack remixed by ZKW japan jamma pcb)
- [kof2k3ps3] Kof2003 (PS2 2008-10-31 (EGCG/FCHT))
- [kof2k3ss] Kof2003 (Silver Style Edition)
- [kof2k4omg] Kof Special Edition 2004 (Omega v0.5 (KOFONTEAM))
- [kof94bc] Kof'94 (Boss Colour Remix)
- [kof94cg] Kof'94 (Colour Patch)
- [kof94cn] Kof'94 (Chinese Version)
- [kof94kh] Kof'94 (Korean Hack)
- [kof94qaq] Kof'94 (Power Enhanced hack by Xuyongsheng90)
- [kof95k] Kof'95 (Korean Hack)
- [kof95neo] Kof'95 (Boss Like NGCD ... (Read More)
Well, it's the last Wednesday of the month, and I hope you know what that means: it's time for your regularly scheduled MAME release. There aren't a huge number of new working machines in this release, but there are some significant improvements. Thanks to kazblox, MAME now emulates some of the peculiarities of Famicom clone hardware, and thanks to shattered, emulation of the Agat-7 Apple II clone is improved. Peter Ferrie provided a superior Apple II language card implementation. We've got lots of additions to the BBC and PC software lists from Nigel Barnes and darkstar.
We've made substantial improvements to some of MAME's non-emulation features. The -romident verb is now much faster when used on a folder or archive containing multiple files, and will identify ROMs for emulated slot devices that aren't inserted by default. The -listxml output now includes all linked devices, and is produced at least 30% faster. We've also improved -verifyroms so it covers more devices and is faster when verifying ROMs for a subset of drivers/devices.
MAME 0.184 includes support for plenty of newly dumped versions of supported arcade games, including a rare US prototype of Shanghai III, the world release of Super Crowns Golf, a version of Flashgirl that shows the Kyugo logo, a German version of Raiden II, the Japanese release of Radical Radial, and bootlegs of Bomber Man and Phoenix. There are also several new chess computers, and even more Aristocrat Mark V gambler sets. If you're interested in the TI-8x graphing calculators, it's now possible to get an emulated TI-82 or TI-85 to communicate with another emulated instance or with a program running on the host computer over a socket.
You can read about the rest of the improvements in the whatsnew.txt file, or grab the source or Windows binaries from the download page to try it out.
MAMETesters Bugs Fixed
• 04454: [Crash/Freeze] (saturn.cpp) seabass: Black Screen after patents screen (Angelo Salese)
• 06337: [DIP/Input] (mz2500.cpp) mz2500: The HELP key is missing (einstein95)
• 06361: [Cheat System] Cartrdige memory accessed directly with cheats will crash MAME (Pugsy)
• 06492: [Crash/Freeze] (model3.cpp) scud: Crash running scud with -bench 90, regression. (Phil Bennett)
• 06504: [Misc.] (coleco.cpp) coleco and clones, adam: Wrong device interface name (gordon-fish)
• 06512: [Graphics] (seattle.cpp) hyprdriv: ... (Read More)
DU: The Sword Of Rastan Can Pierce The Earth
system11 dumped an alt version of Rastan
March 25, 2017
DU Fundraiser: Shoutime Needs Some Help
Shoutime needs help paying for the following 4 games. If you can help please click the paypal button below!
Tekken Card World
Bagman (Taito Japanese release)
Sammy Space Invaders
Nintendo Head On N
Thanks to Rob Carr and Paul Vining.
DU: Capcom Laziness At The End Of World Warrior's Life Cycle
Bonky dumped a version of Street Fighter II World Warrior that has rom labels identical to the final 920312 but it boots as 911210. Shoutime got a World Warrior that also boots as 911210 and with similar L letter revisions on the program roms but with a couple of slight differences. So it appears that near the end of the life cycle of World Warrior, Capcom started caring less and less about updating the boot screen date and giving sets their own rom label revisions. Either way there are new sets coming soon to MAME.
DU: Shanghai 3 PCB #1
Mark Turmell Is Doing An AMA On Reddit
Speaking about uncut NFL Blitz protos, NBA Jam ROMs with Jordan included - who knows what else !
Looks like he has the files and is willing to release them...
DU: Shiny Golds
caius dumped Shiny Golds, a gambler by Playmark
BALLSMANIA AND LIPSMANIA
March 24, 2017
We got the files for StarPak4 from one of the original game developers.
March 23, 2017
DU: Random Poker Game
Gerald (COY) dumped a poker game by Chain Leisure
Image: cl-001 - poker game pcb.jpg
Starship 1 Easter Egg Story W/ MAME As An Investigative Tool
March 22, 2017
DU: Rushing Heroes
I redumped the sound rom in Rushing Heroes so it should be fixed/improved in the next MAME and no longer marked as bad dump. Also sorted out some of the rom labels.
DU Tiny Fundraiser: Weirdo Sega And Konami Boards
Sorry that the last fundraiser dump is not released yet but Shoutime's programmer that can do the bproms is broken and he hasn't sorted his equipment out. I need help with some inexpensive weirdo boards that go to, I'm guessing, odd stuff like mechanical games. It could be for some of them that all we can do is emulate the sound, but we're talking Konami and Sega so at least to me and some others, still interesting. If I get donations I'll personally hound Belmont for a new M1 including them until he caves in or loses his sanity so how can you lose? I've already bought one of them and Charles has bought one and trap15 got an NMK one. The seller isn't responding to requests for combined shipping (he might not even understand what I'm asking) and I'd rather just gobble them all up quickly before anyone else gets them so if this sounds interesting click below.
Update: At this point we have another Sega one picked up by someone who is MAME and DU friendly and thanks to Surgeville and Paul Vining I picked up a Konami one.
March 21, 2017
Arcade Hacker: A Journey Into Capcom's CPS2 Silicon - Part 1
DU: Chinese Battle Chess
system11 dumped the Megadrive cart Chinese Battle Chess (might actually be called Zhong Guo Yiang Qui). And he dumped a bootleg of Pac-Man that might have some hack changes.
Please Help Us Track Down Apple II Collections
March 19, 2017
Team Europe: Decapping Is A Fun World #3
Many more chips decapped: http://team-europe.blogspot.de/2017/03/d...un-world-3.html
Progetto-SNAPS 0.183 Update
Ready the MAME 0.183 update of "MAME progetto-SNAPS".
• Also this month, as the previous ones, is available this folder on Mega.co.nz that allows individually download files to update from version to version. The folder will be temporarily available until the next update.
• This month there is a great update of Marquees collection, with hundreds of arcade games pictures, with a higher resolution (at least 1200px). I also started to update the backglass images of pinball, even these in high resolution. This work will continue in the coming months.
• Also about the Icons has done a great job; 1,485 icons pertaining to the Devices have been replaced with other generated from real images. All arcade games have its own icon; still lacking to do 88 "ex-MESS" machines.
• I get update also Artwork, with new packages in the sub-categories "Alternate" and "WideScreen".
• Because now the snap collections for HBMAME are complete, I removed the images of BIOS.
• Even with regard to resources for software lists have been added many new resources (1,506); some lists are new (aim65_cart and coco_cart), other update (cpc_cass, cpc_flop, megadriv, n64, neogeo, saturn, segacd and sms) and others have been added the missing categories (atom_rom_manuals, aim65_cart_manuals, megadriv_covers, megadriv_manuals, megadriv_video, saturn_covers, saturn_manuals, segacd_covers, segacd_manuals and sms_titles).
• The next update is scheduled for Sunday, April 16, 2017.
1,506 snaps and 2,530 pictures, icons, pdf and zip downloadable here:
• Artworks: progetto-SNAPS Artworks.
• Cabinets: progetto-SNAPS Cabinets.
• CPanel: progetto-SNAPS Control Panels & Controllers.
• Covers (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Box Covers.
• Devices: progetto-SNAPS Control Devices.
• Flyers: progetto-SNAPS Flyers & Advertisement.
• Icons: progetto-SNAPS Icon Extended.
• Manuals (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Manuals.
• Manuals (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Manuals.
• Marquees: progetto-SNAPS Arcade Marquees, Pinball's Backglass & Publishers Logo.
• Snapshots (MAME): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots.
• Snapshots (HB): progetto-SNAPS Snapshots for HBMAME.
• Snapshots (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's Snaps.
• VideoSnaps (Software): progetto-SNAPS Software's VideoSnaps.
• Artwork Preview: 5 new (tot. 2,605 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 709Kb
• Bosses: 5 new & 2 upd (tot. 1,315 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 364Kb
• Ends: 25 new (tot. 500 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 377Kb
• GameOver: 50 new (tot. 6,725 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 950Kb
• HowTo: 5 new (tot. 1,530 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 80.8Kb
• Logo: 15 new (tot. 1,815 UPDATE 1 pack, 75.5Kb
• Scores: 25 new & 1 upd (tot. 6,660 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 704Kb
• Select: 15 new & 1 upd (tot. 4,000 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 735Kb
• Snap: 3 del, 141 new & 53 upd (tot. 37,317 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 7.50Mb
• Snap HB : 4 del & 64 new (tot. 2,538 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 53.3Mb
• Titles: 3 del, 141 new & 18 upd (tot. 37,317 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 5.91Mb
• Titles HB : 4 del & 64 new (tot. 2,538 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 32.2Mb
• Versus: 1 new (tot. 1,080 png) UPDATE 1 pack, 27.5Kb
... (Read More)
March 16, 2017
New Hiscore.dat Released
New hiscore.dat released for MAME 0.183
go here :- http://highscore.mameworld.info/
Play Online Fruit Machines and UK Style Pub Slots!